If you discover you are a victim of identity theft or suspect that you may be a victim, please:
- Contact UNFCU to notify us about the fraud immediately at +1 800 891 2471 US or +1 347 686 6000 outside the US.
- Close the accounts that you know or believe have been tampered with or opened fraudulently.
- US members should contact the fraud departments of any one of the three consumer reporting companies (see below) to place a fraud alert on your credit report.
1 888-EXPERIAN (1 888-397-3742)
Non-US members should immediately contact UNFCU and their local authorities.
- File a report with your local police where the identity theft took place. Get a copy of the report or at the very least, the number of the report, to submit to your creditors and others that may require proof of the crime.
- US members should also file complaints with the FTC. The FTC maintains a database of identity theft cases used by law enforcement agencies for investigations.